Tips to start your vegetarian weight loss regime
You can attain substantial weight loss only when you take fewer calories than you can burn. A vegetarian weight loss plan is a life style choice and it works for losing weight. Among the different ways to lose weight Vegetarian meal plan stands out to be most healthy. When your diet plan includes generous quantity of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and beans, losing weight becomes remarkably easier. Moreover, the vegetarian diets also have relatively calorie content and bring great improvements in blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol level helping you to stay healthy. While getting it started shifting from your longstanding food habit may be bit difficult, once you start this is sure to yield positive results.
Different vegetarian weight loss diets
The most basic benefit you can derive from the vegetarian weight loss diet plan is that you are discarding foods like animal meat, poultry, and fish. A lacto-ovo vegetarian meal plan includes dairy and eggs along with plant foods; a lacto-vegetarian includes dairy products but no eggs; and the ovo-vegetarian meal plan allows eating eggs, but no dairy. But a vegan weight loss diet allows consuming plant foods only. While all of these can help lose weight, in this article we shall consider foods from plant sources only.
Top 5 vegetarian weight loss foods
You may try these vegetarian foods for losing weight steadily.
- Vegetables: Green leafy vegetables are the foundation of the weight loss meal plan. Broccoli, Kale, Parsley, Spinach, and Turnip Greens etc are the source of nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants and minerals required for the body. These are also very good source for proteins and fibers and effects weight loss as these contain fewer calories and help to reduce the body fat content.
- Fruits: Containing high percentage of fibers and also being rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients the fruits play a vital role in losing weight. Moreover, fruits lower the BP and cholesterol levels and also help to have a healthy heart besides imparting sweetness and taste to the food and so, should be included in every diet plan. Apple, Berries, kiwifruit, Muskmelon, Orange, Papaya and watermelon are good choices.
- Grains and Cereals: Grains and cereals are excellent sources of iron and zinc and also have much nutritional value. It also includes carbohydrates, fibers, protein and vitamins and minerals and provides required energy. Brown Rice, Barley, Oats, Porridge, and Whole wheat bread can be included in the vegetarian weight loss plan.
- Beans & Soya Products: These powerful source of protein helps to lose weight. They also contain huge amount of soluble fibers that reduces the cholesterol level and also helps to process fats as a firm step towards losing weight. Include baked beans, black beans, kidney beans, lentils etc in the meal plan.
- Nuts & Seeds: These are rich in omega3 fatty acids and therefore form the healthiest replacement of traditional fatty foods. Moreover, it these help to strengthen the bones and also enhance brain function. Almonds, Flaxseeds, peanuts, sesame seeds etc are some of the best sources.
Word of caution
For achieving sustainable results you should limit the portion size because without imposing any control over it you are likely to go overeating. There are many vegetarian foods that are high in calorie. Fried nut is an example of this. Salads are also okay if it does not have high calorie toppings. You should, therefore, opt for a plan that provides balanced diet for losing weight.
- Learn more about acupuncture for weight loss
- Lose weight quickly by using best supplements for weight loss
- Can green tea help with weight loss?
- Top 10 home remedies for weight loss
- You can slim down with weight loss shakes